I'm super duper excited to share this project with you guys! It's been a while since I have been able to craft and decorate for the holidays, given the recent arrival of baby bird. It feels good to be back I tell you...
As a network blogger for the Home Depot Fall Style Guide, I was asked to create a wreath, and it just so happens wreaths are to be a long lost love of mine (see here). For this project I had something very particuar in mind... Since we won't be putting up outside lights this year, I though a bit of inside lighting would go along way to bring the holiday spirit to the house of TDC. This project was so easy to complete and brought just the right amount of wintry warmth to my home that I think I need a few more now...
To check out other wreath projects, visit the The Home Depot Fall Style Guide
- The Home Depot Style Guides give you a dose of seasonal inspiration and know-how. Check out the best projects, trends and colors year round.
- Sarah Fishburne, The Home Depot’s Director of Trend and Design, highlights ways to incorporate seasonal trends into your home in The Home Depot Fall Style Guide.
- Subscribe to the Style Guide and get updates each time a new edition is released. Plus, you'll get exclusive Home Depot savings, offers, how-to project ideas and much more.
- Make the fall season your own with The Home Depot Style Guide app. Find the latest home improvement projects, design ideas, décor trends, budget-friendly updates and more. Easily browse, share and shop this magazine so you can start enjoying your space faster.
- Wreaths aren’t just for Christmas anymore. They’re finding their way from the front door to practically every room of the house. And when you’re creating a wreath to celebrate the season or a special occasion, you’re only limited by your imagination. Find wreath ideas in The Home Depot Fall Style Guideto welcome the harvest season.
- Create your home’s oasis with the latest trends in kitchen and bathroom décor by using muted, natural hues that sing to warm, cozy spaces, or metal finishes that make your home sparkle. You don’t have to leave summer behind when blending in fall’s best colors.
- The Home Depot Fall Style Guide shows how optical illusions can make any room seem just the right size while adding a festive touch to your décor inside, and preparing the space outside.
But first let me share a bit of mine with you before you go skipping away...
I purchased two packages of lit decorative tree picks (there are 3 to a package) in a style I liked, as you see above, and a package of assorted zip ties in browns and greens.
All three picks per package are connected with electrical wire so they are really a long string of picks rather than individual picks. To arrange them in a circular shape I wrapped the cord around the stems to 'hide' it a tad and keep it out of the way.
Since I needed to wrap the cord anyhow, I figured I might as well use it to help me secure the picks to eachother slightly so it would be easier to secure them later.
I placed each new pick under the pick before it and lined up the top portion of the stem on the previous pick (where the branches end) with the bottom portion of the stem on the next pick (where the branches start) so you wouldn't have any 'blank' spots.
Then I fluffed the branches to hide my cord and connections.
Once I had all three picks from one package wrapped up together it looked like the top image above. Then I simply needed to add in the three picks from the next package! When I opened the second package I worked in the opposite direction so my cords were near eachother when this project was finished. I began by placing the first pick of the second package on the first pick of the first package and worked in the opposite direction until I was finished wrapping the cord.
Then I used the short zip ties in green to secure my picks all the way around and then I was ready to hang her up and enjoy.
The Home Depot partnered with bloggers such as me for their Fall Style Guide Blog Network. As part of this program, I received compensation for my time. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about any product mentioned in these posts. The Home Depot believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. The Home Depot’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.