Rustic Thankful Trees were a big craft hit this Fall season, and I for one love the idea… but alas, we live in a relatively newly developed suburban area surrounded by moo cows. That means there aren’t any fabulous cut or fallen branches to be had…unless of course you want to behead your lovely backyard specimens (not likely).
When I found the perfect solution and a most fabulous bit of inspiration at The Home Depot, I pretty much did a little happy dance… There is nothing more frustrating than wanting to create something, that you simply can’t find the ingredients for.
So for those of you who are in the same boat I am, or just want to take things up a notch and move your rustic trees to the next level… I give you my LED Rustic Holiday Tree, perfect for thankful thoughts, holiday wishes, and just general all around wondrousness (ya pretty sure that’s a word, innit?).
Before I dive right in to how I made this beauty, I would like to share a bit about The Home Depot Fall Style Guide, since I’m an official member of their blogger network, and this project was brought to you by those kind and fabulously stylish folks.. yahoo
To check out fabulous fall (and now holiday) inspiration and generally amazing room decor ideas, visit the The Home Depot Fall Style Guide
- The Home Depot Style Guides give you a dose of seasonal inspiration and know-how. Check out the best projects, trends and colors year round.
- Download the latest Style Guide to enter your best Holiday Décor for the chance to win $1,000 GC to The Home Depot
- Sarah Fishburne, The Home Depot’s Director of Trend and Design, highlights ways to incorporate seasonal trends into your home in The Home Depot Fall Style Guide.
- Subscribe to the Style Guide and get updates each time a new edition is released. Plus, you’ll get exclusive Home Depot savings, offers, how-to project ideas and much more.
- Make the fall season your own with The Home Depot Style Guide app. Find the latest home improvement projects, design ideas, décor trends, budget-friendly updates and more. Easily browse, share and shop this magazine so you can start enjoying your space faster.
- Wreaths aren’t just for Christmas anymore. They’re finding their way from the front door to practically every room of the house. And when you’re creating a wreath to celebrate the season or a special occasion, you’re only limited by your imagination. Find wreath ideas in The Home Depot Fall Style Guideto welcome the harvest season.
- Create your home’s oasis with the latest trends in kitchen and bathroom décor by using muted, natural hues that sing to warm, cozy spaces, or metal finishes that make your home sparkle. You don’t have to leave summer behind when blending in fall’s best colors.
- The Home Depot Fall Style Guide shows how optical illusions can make any room seem just the right size while adding a festive touch to your décor inside, and preparing the space outside.
But first let me share a bit of my project with you before you go skipping away…
…And now back to our previously scheduled programming and a bit about how I made this fab specimen! It was oh so easy!
I began this project with 4 items: an urn, a package of yard decorations, assorted zip ties (see my wreath project for details on those), and a bag of small gravel. I could have used sand as well but I have a sandbox loving monster mash kiddo so that was a no go…can you imagine the mess, eek!
I mean…do you see this face? It has trouble written all over it.
I added a bit of gravel to the urn, just enough to give my ‘tree’ a leg to stand on and allow it to stand up a bit.
To create my ‘tree’ I simply bundled all three yard picks together in varying heights and zip ties them in 3 spots. Easy peasy…
I separated out the cord that links the picks together from the cord that plugs in and simply wrapped the cord that links around the bundled tree picks to keep things under wrap.
Then I stuck my bundle into the gravel and filled it the rest of the way up, making sure to keep the cord that plugs in, running out the back of the urn.
That’s it folks… super easy and extra all quick like… don’t you adore a fast craft? I do!
The Home Depot partnered with bloggers such as me for their Fall Style Guide Blog Network. As part of this program, I received compensation for my time. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about any product mentioned in these posts. The Home Depot believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. The Home Depot’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.