Building with Rayan's plan was so simple.
Since buying 1/4" Walnut or Teak were out of my budget, I got creative and used Ikea Decking Tiles to create the Herringbone drawer fronts. I made modifications to make the dresser taller and longer. The paint and wood combination was inspired by Rayan's Sketch Up drawing. You can visit my blog for a very thorough tutorial on how I built this dresser. http://www.thepursuitofhandyness.com/diy-herringbone-chest-reveal/
$150 if you use the cheaper Euro Slides.
2 days to build but a week to finish.
I modified my dresser/chest to 40"w x 34"h x 18"d. This required modifications of every board. I also built my drawer boxes of 1/2" plywood and secured with pocket holes in the front so that they will be hidden by the drawer fronts.
Birch Hardwood Plywood
Paint and Polyurethane on the carcass and Tung oil on the drawer fronts.