This project was very easy to follow. I modified the measuremnts to build a queen bed frame instead. I got a little bit confused at some point and ended up with the sides overlapping the head and foot, but it's still looked pretty good, I wish I had payed attention to this detail though.
The wood I used was poplar, finished twice with wipe-on poly, one coat of minwax cherry stain and protective wax for the final finish (sanding with 220 grit paper between coats).
$150 Includes all the wood, stain and hardware.
If you want to build a queen bed instead just cut the head and foot at 61 1/2″ and the sides at 80″
Poplar for the outside and pine for the slats and slat support.